NATURAL HORSEMANSHIP TRAINER AND VOLUNTEER FACILITATOR
History: Sunrise Horse Rescue is a California 501(c)3 non-profit horse rescue and sanctuary founded in 2007. We are located in Calistoga, CA in the heart of the Napa Valley. This is an exciting time in our development. We are now in our 9th year, and we have gained significant community support and recognition. We have built our reputation by following core principals of respect, compassion, diligence and sound best practices regarding horse care, barn management, staff and volunteers. We are focused on creating a thriving organization that will be sustainable for many years to come.
Our Mission: To rescue and provide sanctuary for abused and neglected horses in Napa and surrounding counties, as well as provide community members of all ages with life-enhancing skills and experiences derived from horsemanship.
Position: We are currently seeking a professional Natural Horsemanship Trainer to join our team. This individual will train and work with our horses, members of the community, and volunteers of all ages and skill levels. They will be an important part of our internal horse care team, will help to facilitate our volunteer program, and conduct individual and group training sessions. They will also work to educate both our volunteers and the public regarding the foundations of Natural Horsemanship in furtherance of our mission. Expected time commitment approximately 20-30 hours per week.
- Min. 5 years as a professional trainer, with demonstrated experience and knowledge of Natural Horsemanship
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience managing people and/or programs
- Certification in Natural Horsemanship training strongly desired (Parelli, other)
- Solid understanding of herd behavior, equine psychology and basic health care
- Ability to work with people and horses of all skill levels
- Ability to accurately assess skill levels and adapt training methods to fit the situation
- Ability to teach and share information in an empowering and positive way
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Jeff Hoelsken, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information regarding Sunrise Horse Rescue, please visit our website www.sunrisehorserescue.org.